Half of the gross national product disappears into the state coffers. It is logical that taxpayers are looking for solutions to escape such a strong tax pressure.
Lawyer – Partnerspyridon.firstname.lastname@example.org+ 32 2 646 46 36
A passion for litigation.
“I have a passion for litigation of any kind. Litigation is like a card game: you have to play with the cards you are dealt. Then, everything depends on your competence, your opponent’s competence and of course the judge’s competence. But your duty is to do everything possible to defend your client’s interests and to fight to the end.
But Spyridon speaks with equal passion about his role as an advisor: “Today, half of the gross national product disappears into the state coffers. It is logical that taxpayers are looking for ways to escape such a high tax burden on their income and assets. But it is important to do it in a legal way.
Member of the Bar
- Member of the Brussels Bar (1998)
- Master in Law – Université Libre de Bruxelles (1996)
- DES in economic law – Université Libre de Bruxelles (1998)
- DES in maritime and air law – Université Libre de Bruxelles (1998)
- Lexturer at Executive Master en Gestion fiscale – Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management (Université Libre de Bruxelles)
- The circular of November 30, 2010 commenting on articles 198, al. 1, 10° and 307, §1er, al. 3 CIR 92 relating to payments made to persons established in tax havens: Concerns, from the first reading…”, C & FP, 2011, liv. 1, 1-23 and Act. fisc. 2011, liv. 6, 1-7 (abridged version)
- “The Act of April 14, 2011 “containing various provisions” introducing a certain lifting of bank secrecy with respect to income taxes” , Tax Act, 2011, Part 1: Book 24, 1-8, Part 2: Book 25, 5-8 and www.monkey.be/ (June 21, 2011)
- “The law of November 10, 2011 repairing the provisions of the law of April 14, 2011 relating to the lifting of tax bank secrecy will not have silenced the critics” , Tax Act, 2012, liv. 5, 1-7.
- “The reform of the regime of reinvestment by the law of November 7, 2011 leaves a contradiction with Community law – State of the question and summary of the remedies available to the taxpayer , R.G.F. 2012, liv. 8, 3-11 (October 18, 2012). “
- “De l’impossibilité de remployer la plus-value générée par la cession de sa propre clientèle”, Act. fisc. 2014, liv. 16, 1-5 and http://www.monkey.be/ (April 25, 2014).
- “The application ratione temporis of article 356 of the C.I.R. 92: some lines of thought with regard to the law and the case law of the Constitutional Court” , R.G.F. 2015, liv. 7, 4-13 and http://www.monkey.be/ (September 7, 2015)
- « Le droit à un recours effectif en relation avec le droit au respect de la vie privée : Rappel des principes et examen de la jurisprudence récente suite à l’arrêt de la C.E.D.H. du 20 décembre 2016, R.G.F.C.P. 2018, liv. 7, 18-40