Passion, rigour, knowledge and pragmatism are the terms that best characterize my approach to taxation
+32 2 646 46 36
Charlotte has extensive experience in tax law, both in direct and indirect taxes (VAT and registration fees), as well as in corporate and non-profit law.
She assists her clients (mainly real estate companies, family holding companies and non-profit organizations) in the daily management of their activities (corporate housekeeping, preparation of tax returns), their reorganization operations, their acquisitions, as well as in their contacts with the tax authorities.
She also defends their interests before the Courts and Tribunals. Her experience and versatile knowledge (legal, accounting and tax) allow her to understand the files in a global way and to easily identify the elements that need to be taken into account in the context of a transaction.
Member of the Bar
Member of the Brussels Bar
Writing of the following articles:
- “The lawyer and VAT: the end of the exemption”, Journal of the Courts, January 25, 2014, No. 6548, p. 1 et seq.
- “Income from illegal activities is taxable, but on what basis?”, Les Actualités fiscales, no. 37, 2011
- “Taxation of profits made by the holding company”, VANHAM & VANHAM seminar of December 3, 2009
- “Investment in securitized real estate”, VANHAM & VANHAM seminar of May 19, 2009
- “Investment in securitized real estate: recent developments in real estate certificates and SICAFIs”, VANHAM & VANHAM seminar of April 17, 2008
- “Real estate investments: tax optimization”, VANHAM & VANHAM seminar on December 6, 2007
- “Investment in securitized real estate: real estate certificates and SICAFI”, VANHAM & VANHAM seminar on April 30, 2006
Participation in the writing of the following articles:
- “The incidence and treatment of financial services provided by companies, from a v.a.t. point of view”, seminar organized by the FEB on November 21, 2005
- “Cas pratiques et doctrine administrative récente en matière de TVA” (Practical cases and recent administrative doctrine on VAT), booklet n°184 of the Mercredis de la Comptabilité of March 23, 2005
Conferences / seminars :
- “Real estate and VAT: Realities, perspectives and controversies”, Artelegis, April 22, 2015
- “The services of lawyers will be subject to VAT as of 2014”, seminar given at the request of the French and German speaking Bars of Belgium on December 4 and 5, 2013
- “Tax aspects of long term lease, building rights and usufruct”, Info Topics, June 7, 2013
- “VAT Tax News”, seminar given within the framework of the permanent training courses of the Belgian Order of Chartered Accountants and Certified Accountants, on January 29, 2013
- Writing and presentation of the seminar “Investing in real estate: Tax and legal aspects”, ING Private Banking seminar on December 12, 2006
- Lecturer in VAT and Tax Procedures in the Bachelor of Accounting program at the Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes Commerciales (“EPHEC”) since 2015
- DES in tax law – Université Libre de Bruxelles – great distinction
- Licence en droit – Université Libre de Bruxelles – distinction